Saturday, March 30, 2013

Sad day in the anime world

*Includes spoilers. (I'll spoil all over that baby, oh yea.) All media credits go to their owners.*

I didn't actually feel like writing anything this week. Today, on the 30th of March, I watched the last episode of Fairy Tail. And it was damn good. So damn good that I want to hit some people in the face with a brick for cancelling the show. ;_;
I don't feel like going over the ending and all the speculations regarding the 7th of July and the dragon king and the girl in Zeref's cloak, but I might at some point in the future. Though I will say this - if Mashima kills off Gajeel, based on Levy's last words, I'm actually going to write him a very nasty letter.
I think I'm going to re-watch the whole thing, just so that I wouldn't miss FT too much. Gyaah :(

http://www.gogoanime.com/images/itazura-na-kiss.jpg

Well in general I have been watching a bit of anime. I went on with Itazura na Kiss just to stop watching it again. That Irie-kun is a massive dickhead. No joke. I mean sure, the female lead is a horribly retarded girl and I don't know how anyone could be attracted to such a Tsukino Usagi rip-off, but that doesn't give Irie Naoki the right to bash her every possible moment. Also - to recite her love letter in front of the entire family? Dick move, bro!
So I just stopped. The badness of the show made my lose some brain cells, I'm sure. 

But then I stumbled upon a weird thing called Otona Joshi no Anime Time meaning something like Anime Time for Adult Women. The part that I happened to watch was the so-called season two, with only three episodes in it. Not that season one would have been any better - there was only one episode in that, I think. Anyway, consisting of three stories, it followed the lives of three women, living with their pain and joy. Although most of the stories were pretty depressive, I really liked one of them. It was the second story named "Life's Best 10". The heroine Hatoko was a pretty successful magazine editor(ish) lady, nearing her 40th birthday. She wasn't married and had no children. So every time she felt sad or lonely, she would think about the most vivid moments in her life - in total there were actually only 6. But the best belonged to a summer in her middle school, where she dated a boy for only three weeks - after which he stopped taking her calls and went out with other girls. Again, dick move, bro.

Author's collection

So nearing her 40th birthday, there was a middle school reunion coming up. And Hatoko was determined to meet up with the best memory of her life. And she did. And they slept together. Except that in the end, she found out that the guy was an impostor. And you know what? She found it to be the new most memorable moment of her life. How so exactly? Well you'll have to watch it to find out. But I really liked that attitude. Where others would have been hurt by the deception, she found it to be revitalizing. Good for you, girl!
 
Author's collection

Then I also watched a Korean animation, Yobi, The Five-Tailed Fox. It had aliens, a kyuubi, a portal to the underworld, a shadow-man, a love story, a kyuubi-hunter, a flying bus... come to think of it, what DIDN'T it have...

Author's collection

It was completely weird. I though I was already accustomed to the Asian peculiarity, but this was a whole other level. It could've actually been pretty heart warming, except that the crazy kind of sucked it out. At least for me. I mean c'mon - it was a story about a fox spirit of the mountain that was adopted by the aliens. I'm sorry I couldn't take it seriously.
I really prefer Japanese weird. Well... to some point ^^

Anyway, that's it for today.  

0 comments: