Friday, March 22, 2013

Spring season

*All media credits go to their owners.*

Well now. Today I just had a look at what seems to be interesting in the new season of Spring 2013. Here's a general overview, you can have a look at it yourself.

http://atxpieces.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/spring-v2.jpg

Well this Karneval is a maaaaaybe. I might have a look at it, but in general it looks a bit too flashy. Also the topic of 'secret organization that fights crime' sounds like something I've seen a hundred times. Well I'll have a look, anyway.
The next one that looks interesting from that list is Shingeki no Kyojin or Attack on Titan. Though I have to admit that the revenge topic doesn't sound like something extremely new either, this titans theme is pretty exciting. Like really, they seem to be huge on the picture. I'm intrigued! Gonna check that out!
Then Date A Live sounds like another random teenage romance anime, but since it has time-space-whatnot topic in there, I might actually have a look. Not expecting too much though.
Now Devil Survivor looks like something that might actually be good. If they pull it off of course. The topic of death and death gods and demons is always alluring and ever since Death Note, I'm pretty sure everyone is eager to see another epic mind-play. I will definitely keep my fingers crossed for this one. Since it's based on a game and I for one have never even heard about it, I won't get my hopes up too high. But the cast seems pretty decent - Suwabe Junichi (Grimmjow), Sakurai Takahiro (Kururugi Suzaku and Namikawa Daisuke (Gray (FT)) among others.
I'm also going to check out Red Data Girl. Not for any particular reason. Well, I like Fukuyama Jun (Lelouch). And I liked the picture on ANN.
Then Yahari, Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru or My Youth Romantic Comedy is Wrong, As Expected looks like something I'll probably have a look at. Not that I'd be too into the very likely tsundere situation there, but hey - why not? I'm probably not too into all the space topics they are offering us this season, might as well try the romance ones.
That Mushibugyo sounds like some shounen - so I'm definitely going to have a look at that. Also, the blonde guy in the background of Arata Kangatari has sweet abs - totally going to check that out :D

And that's that. The rest of it looks either too cute or too sci-fi. How many potential animes did I get now? Okay, that's eight. Out of those I expect 3 to be worth anything. Lets hope I'm right.

Two major disappointments though. First, naturally, the cancelling of Fairy Tail. I still cannot believe it. I read on some forums that apparently it's due to several factors: continuously low ratings and sales (I'm guessing ever since that starry heavens arc? Cause that was god damn boring and the latest arc is the best there has been so far, so it wouldn't make sense for the last one to cause the drop, right?), Hirano Aya (Lucy) hating all otaku and wanting to quit her seiyuu career all in all, and to give the manga time to get a bit further ahead. Whether these assumptions are correct at all, I've got no clue. But regardless - this situations sucks! They're going to stop the anime in the middle of the best arc yet. Arghhh!!!
Another bummer was that the second season of Kuroko no Basuke or Kuroko's Basketball is not being released. Damn it! I was really looking forward to that. I just recently watched the OVA too and it was awesome, got me all pumped up. But no go :(

What are you looking forward to this Spring?

0 comments: