Friday, February 01, 2013

Anime I cannot finish

*May include spoilers. All media credits go to their owners.*

Using my right to post at any time during Friday (and not on the usual time in the morning), today I wish to talk about those animes that I just cannot seem to finish.

http://web.hi10anime.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/dog_days_other_018.jpg
First of all, Dog Days. It seems as if it should be interesting - the idea that you could hold athletic events instead of wars is pretty good, why not? Obviously it's not supposed to be realistic, so sure! Go for it. Except for some reason I find the entire business extremely boring. Maybe it's because the Hero barges in and is so seriously OP, even against the higher level veterans. Or maybe it's because there is nothing intriguing or conflicting in the plot. I mean - c'mon, after the events the princess goes to sing and stuff. Duh. No war councils or anything. I think I managed to get to episode 6 or such but I just can't bring myself to finish it - even though I've heard it's pretty popular.

http://www.imgbase.info/images/safe-wallpapers/anime/durarara/8453_durarara.jpg
The next one is Durarara!! The first half of the show was really catchy - all the different stories and the mysteries that were sewn into the whole thing. Awesome! Not to mention that Shizu dude is extremely hot. And even though I definitely want to be in Team Shizu, I have to admit that Izaya is pretty crazy. But now, ever since the opening changed and the whole Saika business started, I just cannot get myself to watch it. There is only like 8 episodes to go but it might as well be a hundred, since I just can't be bothered to watch it. Dammit! Where can I get the motivation?

Okay and another one is .hack//SIGN. I started it... watched a couple of episodes. And now I just have not watched any further. It seemed interesting too! But no, there is just no way lol. Same thing with The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and Sacred Seven. Seriously, please to help. What would motivate me to watch them? A few nice spoilers maybe? But I don't really want to browse wikias or forums for them, cause I'm scared to find out too much! So a couple of motivating spoilers would be very much appreciated, tyvm!

http://www.wallpaperhere.com/Asuna_Sword_Art_Online_105927
But the worst of all is Sword Art Online. I only have like 5 episodes left to watch and I paused it because they were still airing back then. But now I cbased to start it again. I even loaded an episode and pressed 'play'.... just to close the browser thinking I couldn't be bothered xD
Maybe it's not me though? Maybe those animes really lose their spark half way through and become less exciting? I mean, sure it depends on what's interesting to me in the first place but if it works fine for the first 6 or 12 or 20 episodes and suddenly gets uberdull, then maybe I'm not the only one to be blamed? Have you ever felt that the creators suddenly ruined the entire things by going overcomplicated or just losing their edge? I know I have! And I've complained about it several times in my blog too - it's called the Silly-Billy-Blue-Exorcist. Isn't it true that then the only option is to power-watch through it? But dammit, that seems like a complete waste.
Anime should be something to watch when you want to watch it and when it means something to you. Or at least entertains you. Doesn't it kind of defeat the purpose of having fun and enjoying anime if you have to force yourself to finish a series?

But then again maybe I'd just be a quitter then. What do you guys think?
See you next week!   

0 comments: