Friday, September 21, 2012

Surprise, yaoi!

*Includes spoilers. Includes objectionable content. NSFW. All media credits go to their owners. *

I don't know about you guys, but when I like an anime I tend to browse pictures and extra info about it. I mean I can't help it - I just really really want to see if the male and female leads end up as a couple or if there are epic battle pictures about. Heehee :x
Sure, it has gotten me into a lot of trouble too, especially when I open a wikia of an anime that I haven't finished yet. I often find out things that I shouldn't for like another 100 episodes. And not all forums have spoiler alerts so sometimes I curse myself for even googling anything at all.

But nothing compares to when I end up on something very unexpected. Like yaoi. Surprise yaoi.

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x197/GaarasGal_2007/7th%20team%20Naruto/304707-20071112221208.jpg


I mean I don't mind yaoi, I've even seen a few of them. They're different and refreshing in a way, although I would not watch them all the time. Buuuuuut, if I'm browsing Naruto pictures and something like this comes up:

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/15200000/Sasuke-and-Naruto-yaoi-15224349-600-550.jpg
Sasuke and Naruto

Then I definitely go like: AMAGAD, my eyes! They burn!!!! Why would you do this????

Ok. Phew. Breathe.
So then I calm down and figure: "Hey, okay. I mean I guess if I wish for Naruto and Hinata to be together (Yessir, I sure do. Go find your Sasuke, you horrible whiny bastard Sakura) then there might be people who would genuinely wish for the two main male characters to be together, right?"

But there are entirely different levels of yaoi that you can stumble upon and yes, you guessed it - I'm going to share a few of these with you today. Since I do not wish to transform this blog into an erotic yaoi heaven, I'll just stick to who are on the pictures, not how they're on the pictures. You can find the latter in Google.

The expected.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lfa5bejn2q1qgufuyo1_400.jpg
Vegeta and Goku

So when browsing general anime pictures, I guess it's not too big of a surprise if the main characters show up in peculiar situations. I may not always like it but if they're close friends in the anime or at least rivals or enemies, then it's bound to invoke some kind of attention and yaoi-fans like to be all over that. Let's say we have a girl and a guy character who always fight - people instantly think there's something more going on. So yeah, I suppose the same logic could work for the same gender. Naruto and Sasuke, Ichigo and Renji, Kira and L and so on. I mean if they turned out to be gay, I'm pretty sure those would be the partners they would choose, right? Be that as it may, the typical main-char combo is to be expected, so no reason to be shocked. Much.

http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp300/silverwolfdemonchan/6990bd77fb2600f5.jpg
Yumichika and Ikkaku
The possible.

This is the one where you're happily browsing pictures when you notice them two boys together, it catches your eye and you stare at it for a couple of minutes. Then you think to yourself: "Well I'll be... that would actually make sense." 
To be honest, I had already thought about the possibility you can see on the picture before I found it. Ikkaku and Yumichika are always hanging out together, Yumichika is very fond of his looks and feminine side - and Ikkaku lets such a guy hang out with him. Coincidence? I think not! The example here might be very shounen, but generally these are the guys that appear together very often. There was prince Schneizel el Britannia and Kanon Maldini in Code Geass, which was very freely hinted. But mainly it's noticable with almost any bishounen-harem style anime male characters.

The not-so-bad.
Iruka and Kakashi

Alright, let's get straight to the example picture. 
Hmm. Well this is unexpected. One is the very much epic Kakashi and the other Iruka, who some people call Naruto's honorary older brother. But it definitely falls under the category of: I've-never-seen-them-with-a-woman-so... 
I personally would never ever have thought of it, but now that it's here before my eyes, I'm thinking - that's not such a bad solution. Have you ever seen Kakashi with a woman? I've heard there was this ex-teammate of his, Rin, but she's dead, so... Who knows, he actually might be reading some yaoi from his little book. And what about Iruka? 
I've also seen Aizen-Grimmjow, Renji-Byakuya, Sanji-Zoro... I mean Sanji bleeds from his nose when he sees hot women, right? Well, boy, do I have a solution for you!

The how-the-hell-did-this-happen?

http://media.animegalleries.net/albums/userpics/76876/GinxHitsugaya.jpg?=123
Hitsugaya and Ichimaru
So now we're getting to the part where you find a picture and it really stops making any sense whatsoever. Random characters have been pulled out of context and shoved into a yaoi scene where they would just never ever end up on their own. Sure - it may be possible in the way that it's possible for nerdy gamer-boy to date a hot actress or for me to pump into a billionaire who wants to invest into my business project. It's not impossible, but.... 

Coming to the picture (lol, no pun intended), lets talk about the Hitsugaya and Ichimaru relationship. Yeah, that's right. There is nothing to talk about. Exactly how does this make sense at all? Because they had a confrontation in the beginning? Because they're both prodigies? I'm pretty sure that if Hitsugaya has strong negative feelings for anyone, it's mostly Aizen. The other random couple beyond the reach of my tiny little brain is Rock Lee-Gaara. The rest of them kind  of blur into the next category....

fullmetal Alchemist yaoi
Al and Ed
The double-u-tee-ef

But, but, but... they're brothers! And Ed marries Winry... And Al will eventually marry May... right? Right?! My world cannot shatter here.... 
Which is what I think every time I stumble upon something extremely wrong. Like Ciel and Sebastian from Kuroshitsuji. I even had a picture to post here but that was just horribad - pedophilia is pedophilia weather the little boy was willing or not -.- So stop that, dear yaoi fanatics. As well as incest. 
"Incest Brothers was a Swedish punk rock band formed in September 1978 in Järfälla." - Says Wikipedia. So how about we keep it that way and let the poor FMA heroes enjoy their newly retrieved bodies in a more traditional way, kk??

I have more grains to spill next Friday. In the meanwhile, what do you think about surprise yaoi?

0 comments: